Music

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Inspired

Photo: The Gerer Rebbe walking with his sons and his Hassidim.  Taken circa 1930 - 1939.

This was another one of those pictures that didn't make into my post, but I totally loved.

If you still haven't seen my collection of 10 special photos of Hassidim you can see it here:  http://popchassid.com/10-photographs-of-hasidic-jews/
The Gerer Rebbe center ("Imrei Emes") c. 1930 looking "inspired"

So inspired 
I'm not getting tired
I feel very wired
Yet I know this will eventually fade and get expired

I don't want this to end
I want it to continue on end
Getting inspired is something I highly recommend
Your spirit it will mend
You folly it will bend
To get it, cash you need not spend

It can come in a moment 
It can come at any time
In me it does come
In me it does chime
It does eventually decline

After is subsides
You might feel a low
You feel slow
It's out in the distance
A far away crow

It will probably return 
For that we can yearn
Our desire does burn
We wait out turn
Maybe it, we need to earn 
In the intern 
We can use that inspiration
And become like a 'new born'
We can grow tall like yellow corn [1]


[1] See Torah Or 31a, Tzidkas Hatodok 1

No comments:

Post a Comment