Music

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Yud Tes Kislev with Honey


I was bit by a bee
While I was trying to get some honey
It got me right in the knee

The honey I was hoping to get
Was substituted by “splenda” – what a regret

The Talmud says[1]-
The art of rebuke is hard to find
So try the softer approach
Please don't scream, try to be kind

It used to be that to get the honey
One had to be 40 or 120[2]

Our Rebbe’s found some secret tunnels-
To reach the honey, sifted through funnels[3]

Many Jewish leaders opposed the study of the Tanya
Better stick to the Talmud
Study it with horivanya

Today almost all agree
That we need Chassidus, YIPPEE![4]

With it we stay more focused on G-d
Instead of getting lost in our I-pod

These tunnels bypass the sting of the bees
Give me some more, please, please, please!

The sweetness of the honey
Gets you straight to the money

We serve G-d with joy
No more saying oy voy!

Once I touch the sticky stuff
It really does stick
It shows me how to connect to Hashem
No time for shtick

These secret tunnels of the world we must share[5]
Love G-d with all you heart
No reason to fear

Yet fear of Hashem is also a must
The bee’s make the honey
In Hashem we do trust






[1] Erchin 16
[2] Shach Yora Deah 246:106
[3] See Kuntres Etz HaChaim (Rashab) Ch. 13
[5] See Kuntris Etz HaChaim ibid.

No comments:

Post a Comment